"Making a Daily Effort"
My name is Eddie Eagle, Executive Director of Making a Daily Effort (M.A.D.E.)
Making A Daily Effort Prevention Services, Inc. (M.A.D.E.) is an organization solely focused upon citable, scientific, and educational purposes. Our mission is to regulate and achieve the goal of HIV and Viral Hepetitus prevention services to high risk populations in the metropolitan Chicagoland area, specifically Cook County case management citizens infected with HIV, Hepatitis, and other STD's. We also seek to provide a variety of social, health, housing, and referral information and opportunities for the formally incacerated individuals re-entering communities within Cook County. Our vision for M.A.D.E. is to promote and assist all American, Illinois, Chicago community citizens, (particularly African-American) in reducing, eradicating, or governing HIV, Hepatitis, and other STD's, in the U.S. and particularly Cook County.
Several published and noted example of M.A.D.E. organizational Educational, Scientific, and Charitable programs and events include the following:
• In 2012 M.A.D.E. has represented it's Chicagoland community at the 2012 United States Conference on AIDS held in Las Vegas. In addition we've sponsered "Market Day's", "Summit of Hope", First Ladies", "Gay Pride Parade", "2012 Love Fest" and more...
• During the 2011 Baseball season M.A.D.E., working with Haymarket, Beyond Care, Jackson Park, and Merk Pharmiceuticals launched the "Step Up to the Plate" program which was an initetive for instant Hepatitas C testing for the Chicago area for a total of five days between the Chicago White Sox @ Comisky Park and Chicago Cubs @ Wriggley Field. Over eight hundred souls were tested.
• M.A.D.E. Prevention Services jhas become a fixture in the underground ball scene working with The School of Opulence, House of Infinity, House of Balenciaga, Coalition for Justice and Respect, Bayard, Rustin Access Center, and The Gay Black Caucus to ensure that events such as "Love Fest", "Pride", and "Black Pride and Market Fest" were fully accommodate with testing, counseling, and distribution of literature for AIDS, Hep-C and other sexually transmitted diseases with Safe Sex Kits.
• On December 6, 2008 M.A.D.E. teamed up with a local promotion Rails Entertainment Company, which allowed us the opportunity to conduct testing at their weekly parties which caters to adult African-American Lesbian, Gay, Bi-Sexual, Transgender (LGBT) community on Friday nights. We also brought our outreach unit to test, counsel and distribute literature to the many youths under the age of 21 that hang outside of the Prop House for an opportunity to safely engage with the larger LGBT community. As we continued to grow in favor with the LGBT adult and youth community we were invited to Boys Town where we became a fixture in the community testing 10 to 15 LGBT clients per night twice a week for more than two years.
• In 2008 M.D.E. was introduced through Provident Hospital to Club Escape, a night club that’s located at 75th & Stoney Island in Chicago, they cater to the adult LGBT community. We started out testing there twice a week in collaboration with Provident Hospital of Cook County. In 2012 the venture grew into the MTI Project (MSM Testing Initiative) which is now a pay for service contract for M.A.D.E. sponsored by The AIDS Foundation of Chicago.
Mark Loveless, who founded the Coalition for Justice and Respect, an organization that has led the fight for equal rights for the LGBT community, used M.A.D.E. services to test, counsel, distribute literature and supply safe sex kits for an event that was held at the University of Chicago in their cultural center. This center was created for young LGBT youth to serve as a safe haven for the youth in the Englewood community in Chicago.
The religious community has utilized M.A.D.E. to test, counsel, and distribute literature at many of their events such as "The First Ladies Health Day", Labors of Christ Annual Retreat", Fellowship Baptist Woman's Day of Prayer", and "The Martin Temple Methodist Church Annual Health Day. At the Martin Temple Methodist Church Annual Health Day M.A.D.E. tested more than 100 clients with a result of 3 being found to be positive. All 3 of these clients were directly connected to care at Provident Hospital of Cook County.
In addition the Chicago school system has allowed M.A.D.E. to test, counsel, distribute literature and supply safe sex kits for several high schools such as Marshall High School, Ada S. McKinnley & Prologue Continuation School.
M.A.D.E. also services the colleges such as Malcolm X, Chicago State & Kennedy King to name a few with testing, counseling, distribution of literature and safe sex kits.
Please show your support or innovative grassroots HIV prevention efforts such as ours by giving generously to Making A Daily Effort. With your help, we can ensure more people gain access to knowledge, medical care and prevention as a result of HIV testing services in their community. What you do today will make a difference in someone’s life which in turn will make you feel good. Make A Daily Effort to feel good today.
Executive Director, Making a Daily Effort
Please "Left Click" to enjoy M.A.D.E. Prevention Services PDF presentatiton: